- 550 g peeled and diced potatoes
- 40 g diced celery
- 60 g finely chopped onion
- 90 g diced cooked ham
- 770 ml water
- Pinch of chicken bouillon granules
- 3 g salt, or to taste
- 2 g ground white or black pepper, or to taste
- 70 g butter
- 40 g flour
- 475 ml milk
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added.
- Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Where to source your ingredients
Vegetables & Herbs
Westmeath Organic Produce – Food Market at Buy Lo on Dublin Road, Mullingar every Friday morning
Moonshine Organic Farm – Organic milk – fresh every day available straight from the farm